The California Republican

This blog was created in order to report on a streak of conservatism currently taking hold in California. Recent events, and voting records show much of the same here in California, but the trend is one that is certainly in our favor.

Sunday, January 16, 2005

The Failings of Ted Kennedy


Senator Ted Kennedy



My new piece on Mr. Kennedy can be found here.

It seems to be a common occurrence these days that, when a person complains about the political atmosphere, someone replies with, "It was worse a long time ago." I have not heard anyone follow up and ask, "Does that make it right?" The answer is no, it does not. Mudslinging is, and probably always will be, part of politics. I think there is plenty of blame to go around in the mudslinging arena; however, no one can throw the mud like Ted Kennedy....

....While I could go on, I will end this with a plea for Mr. Kennedy to stop mucking up the political process with his distortions and sensationalist propaganda. I would remind him of an Abraham Lincoln quote: "A house divided against itself cannot stand. I believe this government cannot endure permanently half slave and half free. I do not expect the Union to be dissolved -- I do not expect the house to fall -- but I do expect it will cease to be divided. It will become all one thing, or all the other." We are fighting a war against an "either-or" enemy. Let us be Americans first next time you are on your podium.